Committee Meeting Minutes March 2018

GOVERNANCE COMMITTEE MEETING

Monday 19th March 2018

MEETING CANCELLED DUE TO NOT ACHIEVING QUORUM NUMBERS TO HOLD MEETING.  ALL REPORTS SUBMITTED ONLINE.

Present:

GOVERNANCE COMMITTEE:

STAFF MEMBERS:

Apologies:      

KARAKIA

Manaakitia tenei hui

Manaakitia tenei roopu

Manaakitia tenei kaupapa

Arahina nga korero

Arahina nga patai

Arahina nga tikanga

Ka puta ai te marama

 

Bless this gathering

Bless this group

Bless this family

In their reasons for this gathering

Guide this discussion

Guide the questions

Guide us towards a greater understanding

PREVIOUS MINUTES

From Committee Meeting February 2018

Minutes will be moved at April meeting

CHAIRS REPORT (CW)

Firstly, well done to everyone who was involved in organising the Murder Mystery, the feedback from people on the night was really positive, and everyone had a great night out. Not to mention a great fundraising success, so well done everyone.

Secondly, I just wanted to acknowledge that all the staff are working hard in preparing for the upcoming ERO review.

Thirdly, with the change in seasons, there has been a lot of illness around the centre, and I want to thank Hayley and Zoe for reminding parents about the process when their children are sick, as well as a gentle reminder to say keep away until they are fully better.  

Finally, just thanks to Zoe for the excellent communication in the emails you have been sending out.

MANAGERS REPORT (HS)  

We have been busy settling in new children. We also have a few children heading off to school in the next few weeks. These children are all 5 days a week children however, we do have children picking up their hours. Although, we might drop a little in funding hours.

We are all preparing for the up and coming ERO review.  The ERO team have confirmed they will be at the centre on Monday 23rd and Tuesday the 24th April.  They will prepare their findings and Letisha and I will head into their offices in the afternoon for the debrief of their findings on the Tuesday.

The murder mystery was another fantastic night. A big thank you to everyone for their help.and support. We raised just over $6600. We have decided to purchase new bikes for the preschool and some new educational resources for the nursery and preschool.

Teachers have a PD course with Liz Depree from Interlead Education. This is refreshing them on our appraisal system Appraisal connector .

Our family picnic evening was very successful last Thursday night.  It’s always a great night and we have had lots of positive feedback from our families.

Deb Croker has taken the nursery position. She will start on Monday 9th April.

Once Deb starts Sharon will reduce her hours on a Monday 8.30 -3. Deb will do the full day Monday. Then Deb will be 8.30-3.00 Tuesday-Friday.  Sharleen will start back 5 days a week after Easter too.

Once ERO has been. I will be taking nearly two weeks annual leave. We have purchased our first house and move in the weekend before ERO. I'm so busy preparing for ERO that I’ll take some time off after they have been.

FINANCIAL REPORT (SW)

Budget

There will be a separate email circulated to approve the new budget.  This will be attached to the end of these minutes once they are approved.

Banks

It has been brought to our attention that Jordana Clarke and Jason White are still listed on our Westpac bank account and that Stephen Willcox and Carly Waddleton are not.  Forms need to be completed to make these changes.

Resolution to update the Westpac Bank Accounts removing two ex committee members and replacing them with Stephen Willcox (Treasurer) and Carly Waddleton (Chair).

Moved:

Seconded:

It has also been brought to our attention that Julia (Frances) Condon, Frances Williamson, Vanessa Wright and Danella Duff (CES) are all listed on our ASB Bank account.  We wish to remove these 4 people and replace them with the same people listed on our Westpac Bank account.

Resolution to update the ASB Bank Accounts removing ex committee members & CES personnel and replace them with Stephen Willcox (Treasurer), Carly Waddleton (Chair), Zoe Fidler (Secretary), Hayley Strachan (Centre Manager) and Letish Derham (Assistant Centre Manager).

Moved:

Seconded:

SUCCESSION PLANNING (AW)

We have started putting the profiles up on Facebook for our committee members.  If you haven’t done so already, can you please email Zoe the answers to the questions and also a photo of you with your child.

GRANTS (AW & ZF)

The Southern Trust

We are struggling to find 3 competitive quotes for this application so I’m going to have to write a letter stating the reason for this; mainly that the ones we have found are for indoor use, not softfall mats for outdoor use.  As soon as this is sorted the application will be sent.

HEALTH & SAFETY (LD)

We have had Colin, a dad, doing some odd jobs around the centre, this has included some H&S related jobs such as putting safety latches on sliding cupboard doors as well as some latches on normal cupboard doors, changing light bulbs and filing in holes around the sand pit.  Colin also installed a storage unit in the teacher’s bathroom.  This has been fantastic as everything now has a place and there is more room in there.

We had 3 dads come in and help to move the sand into the sandpit, this has made it a lot easier for the children to get in and out of the sandpit.

Hayley had a meeting with Ken Atkins at our Evacuation House to finalise the small details such as where our box of emergency things will be stored etc.

FUNDRAISING (JudeC)

Murder Mystery

What a fantastic night.  We raised approximately $6,600.  The final figure is still to be confirmed.  Thank you to everyone who helped, especially the sub-committee of parents.

POLICIES

March - Health & Safety for Children

ANY OTHER BUSINESS

Are we able to change the date of the AGM to Monday 28th May, this will give us more time to ensure the accounts are ready?  Please confirm asap.

NEXT MEETING

Monday 16th April 2018 at 7.30pm

MEETING CLOSED